PDA

View Full Version : HRIS - good better best ?

Vanessa Wiltshire
24-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi

I'd be really keen to correspond further with HR professionals and discuss their experiences with various HRIS, including CHRIS21, SAP, PeopleSoft and others. I am particularly keen to discuss HR reporting and analysis - so any systems or rem focussed people should get in touch !

Kind Regards

vw

J1P
02-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Vanessa

We currently use SAP and are continually expanding our use of it by bringing various different modules online (organisational structures, compensation module, so forth)

Whilst my exposure to different HRIS systems is limited (I haven't tried them all) I have been very impressed with SAP. It does just about everything we ask of it, and in that sense has proven extremley customisable, although of course such customisations bring with them a large development spend.

I have had exposure to CHRIS, but back in the day and not the latest incarnation so I really couldn't comment with any sort of insight. Ditto peoplesoft.

TDawson
03-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi

I used a few HRIS systems in my time, from CHRIS to Aurion to Peoplesoft and SAP. The lastest version of Peoplesoft (v8) is good, although frightfully expensive and difficult to make changes to from a technology point of view. You have to constantly ring the developers which makes things slow and expensive.

I can suggest you look into as an alternative a HRIS that is extremely popular in the UK and Americas and is becoming a little more well known here. It is called Agresso. www.agresso.com.au. It is very user friendly, web based technology that is soooo much easier to use than SAP or Peoplesoft and much more affordable. it provides great reports and analysis.

www.agresso.com.au

http://www.agresso.com.au/files/AgressoHRandPayroll.pdf

carlosrici
08-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi,

I'm just dealing with a free and open source HR software, its called OrangeHRM.

The availability of the source code make possible any change if you have IT staffs to do it and also makes the product free. You can get the complete free full and stable version at http://www.orangehrm.com

If you need they offer support and customization. I have experience with both services and nothing to complain till now. The software is great, suitable for small and middle companies, cheap and the service perfect. Let's see how things will work lately (maybe is a little bit early to have this conclusion ... but I strongly advice a trial)

Hope I have helped

cheers!!!!!

carlos

ezatkinson
30-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi

I am also looking for a HRIS solution for my organisation. Our challenge is that we are a not for profit (70 staff) so an expensive solution is not an option - there are a huge amount of choices out there and it's overwhelming (and time consuming) deciphering one from the other.

I have worked in a number of organisations - the biggest with around 500 employees and have not yet had a hris system in place to use - with the technology available nowadays I find it suprising that there aren't more affordable solutions available?!

Thanks for any advice or suggestions that can be provided!

Cheers
Erin

mlee
30-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi All,

My comments on HRIS's I have previously used:

- PeopleSoft: we had a lot of problems with it but I think that may have more to do with poor planning on my comany's behalf in the implementation phase than anything else. I think if you invest enough time and effort in to setting PeopleSoft up the way you want it, it can be great.
- 4Sight: Is absolutely terrible. No redeeming features whatsoever.

I am currently trying to source a good HRIS for an SME. Options I have looked at so far include OrangeHRM and iVantage (we are a law firm of approximately 100 employees so cannot justify the expense of something like SAP or PeopleSoft). Does anyone have any recommendations on HRIS for SME's, especially law firms?

Many thanks!

belinda
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi

I am currently looking at new HRIS and payroll software for our company. I have contacted FrontierSoftware (CHRIS) and Talent2. I am also not sure who else to contact, we are also approximately 100 employees.

Any further suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

hrdatamanager
02-09-2009, 12:03 PM
I know this thread is a bit old, but anyone here who is still looking at solutions to the above post can take a look at the HR Data Manager (www.hrdatamanager.com (http://www.hrdatamanager.com)) software.

While it is US based, it is written in Microsoft Access and with source code available, is fully customizable.

As mentioned above, many smaller organizations with under a thousand employees cannot afford the Enterprise level solutions that are on the market today. That seems to be especially true in these economic times.

Thanks!

Mark

McGann
07-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I have used and implemented Peoplesoft globally. As mentioned above it is all in the implementation. Get that right and it is an extremely powerful tool in terms of reporting and self service capability.

Stephen.freiberg
05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I would consider what you have available, your budget and the potential for SaaS using middleware.

hrdatamanager
19-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I wanted to come back and update this post to let everyone know that the latest version of the HR Data Manager is more Internationally friendly.

There are now two spaces for National ID (instead of SSN) and their labels and formats can be controlled in the program preferences allowing you to use the TFN as well as an additional reference. Terminology in the program has been updated to refer to postal code instead of zip.

The HR Data Manager can easily be loaded with Australian states and non applicable fields such as FLSA, Ethnicity and Veteran Status can be hidden.

Feel free to check it out at www.hrdatamanager.com (http://www.hrdatamanager.com)

I know this thread is a bit old, but anyone here who is still looking at solutions to the above post can take a look at the HR Data Manager (www.hrdatamanager.com (http://www.hrdatamanager.com)) software.

While it is US based, it is written in Microsoft Access and with source code available, is fully customizable.

As mentioned above, many smaller organizations with under a thousand employees cannot afford the Enterprise level solutions that are on the market today. That seems to be especially true in these economic times.

Thanks!

Mark

Subscribe-HR
24-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Which ever solution you select Key Areas to look at and analyse:

Flexibilty - How much of the system can you configure yourself. Even if you are too busy to do this yourself, if the system is flexible and can be set-up and configured through the Interface, getting the vendor to perform cust/config changes are going to be straight forward and cost effective. Great for future proof justification.

Integration and Communication - The system you select need to be able to easily communicate with other systems. Not just systems you use now but future apps that are utilised. CSV import and export is OK but there are other, more efficient and effective ways to communicate e.g. web service. Your selected supplier must have current ability to pass data using web service or immediate/short term plans to allow for this. Great example of this is Job Board Integration e.g. Seek, Linkedin, MyCareer.

Processing - Once again, how easy is it to automate and process tasks, forms, information capture. At a basic level, this is where most ROI benefits are seen. The cost and ease of which this can be delivered is key.

Ease of use. How much training is required to get up and running and for you to feel confident using the system. This is one of the most important areas for end users. As we all know, if it's not easy to use, it won't get used = waste of time and money.

Payment Options - Pay by the month. Fixed Term Contracts. Amount of Upfront $. Capex?

What is the best fit for your business!!! Risk Reduction is key.