PDA

View Full Version : online induction

Ms_HR
23-08-2007, 02:54 PM
hi all,

we are currently looking at options for online induction...want to start perhaps with areas such as EEO, Harras/Discrimination. i know a lot of you out there have already gone down this path so was wondering if anyone had some feedback about particular suppliers and how you have implemented programs?

thanks in advance!!

RPrentis
16-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi Ms HR,

At a previous workplace we implemented S.A.L.T (self administered legal training). S.A.L.T is owned and operated by Blake Dawson Waldron lawyers. We had a high success rate with employees using this program, however some of that success was due to our in house administer who did an excellent job also. The start up process of implementation can be time consuming so ensure you have someone who can devote quite a bit of time initially to setting it up, someone such as a HR Administrator with a HR team.

As an employee of the company who also had to complete the program i found it easy to use and didn't experience any technical problems.

Hope this helps!

Lance
17-10-2007, 08:52 AM
hi all,

i know a lot of you out there have already gone down this path so was wondering if anyone had some feedback about particular suppliers and how you have implemented programs?

thanks in advance!!

Hi Ms_HR

We deliver a substantial amount of our training, both Compliance and Technical, via an on-line training package, including an EEO session. Over the years, we have utilised the services of a number of different development companies, and while I have some very definite views on some of these, I hesitate to commit them to paper, as it were (Company policy prevents me from offering a written recommendation). I will PM my contact number if you wish to discuss.

The thing to be aware of is that the establishment of an e-learning process can be quite expensive, but, if done properly, over time, the returns are substantial.

We host our training on an externally contracted Learner Management Systam (LMS) which allows our staff to access their training from home without concerns about the firewall. Compared to what is would have cost us to rebuild the mainframe to cope with the volume of training we deliver, this option is very cost effective.

When it comes to development, make no assumptions about the computer literacy of your trainees - even those who use a computer in their day to day work. Some people are very comfortable with the programs they use, but give them something new and you wouldn't know that they had ever sat in front of a computer before. With this in mind, keep the instructions very simple and very concise. Like just about everything that is on-line, ease of navigation is key.

Cheers,

Lance.

HRsmart
19-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi Ms_HR,

You have asked about online induction, but are you only speaking of only legal compliance? If so then try giving Safetrac a call. Or if are you also talking about including company policies, door passes, passwords issued and so forth then perhaps you should look to implement a talent management solution that handles on-boarding and also has a learning management solution to store and control courses and materials and also keep check of who has completed the courses and what else is required. My company has such a solution, HRsmart.

MGrey
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi

I’m aware of a newly created online induction program that can be easily customised for your company. It is economical and available by payment of an annual licence fee based on the number of new learners using the program. Contact me directly if you’d like more information.

Cheers

Marguerite

ATsakalos
23-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey,

contact SouthRock they have a great little LMS and i have seen their induction for MYERS and it is simple accurate and informative without special affects.
My preference is that Induction get people the info they need to know but still keeping them informed.

AlexT
10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi,

Online induction can really streamline the onboarding process. The main areas of online induction I find companies are interested in are: company culture, communication, occupational health & safety, code of conduct, general rules i.e. processing leave applications etc.

If you can have your online induction linked to your online personnel forms you will save a lot of data entry time. Also, access from outside the organisation using a permissions based login will save time for the company, as employees can run through the induction in their own time and at their own pace. Make sure the induction has a test component to assess the employees understanding of safety.

wozza
07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
we used the system from onlineinduction.com (http://www.onlineinduction.com)

it had modules for contractor and employee inductions but it also had a dedicated wing for the HR manager where we could fully manage a dozen work flow processes in relation to applicants, staff training, departments, import policies and procedures and job listings

the induction it self was simple and easy for people to do and not so overwhelming like traditional inductions

the best part about this product was that it only cost us $100 a month! they are Australian based and from what we looked at, it was light years ahead of some of the other products on the market. I really hate clanky old looking systems and thats what some of these other companies I looked at seemed to offer. I wanted our inductees to experience a simple and professional looking induction without feeling like it was going to be a hindrance to them and if they could do it from home before coming in - a plus!