PDA

View Full Version : Seek - premium ad rates and ad auctions

kevinh
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
In a small article in yesterday's Fin Review, a Seek representative dismissed the notion that Seek intended to auction ads on it's site.

However the initial suggestion, according to the article, came from a Citigroup analysts report to clients, so one has to wonder where they get their information from.

Seek did confirm that they will soon introduce "premium listings" which will enable advertisers to secure the top two spots in a category for one week.

Maybe it is those top spots which will be auctioned, which would be a sensible (and lucrative) way to sell them.

Moz
08-08-2007, 04:55 PM
It's astonishing that it has taken them this long to do this. I mean you pay a premium for prime time spots on radio or TV. Billboards are priced according to the amount of passing traffic and the newspapers charge a premium for EGN ads and the front page of the employment sections, so why shouldn't the job boards charge a premium for their most prominent spots?

What's the bet a few recruitment firms are already talking to Seek about securing the top spots on an annual basis ....

Moz
18-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Apparently the premium ad slots are sold out in popular categories for at least six months. That didn't take long!

I haven't actually seen any that appear to be premium ads, so I'm not sure if they are actually being displayed as such.