PDA

View Full Version : relocation assistance for graduates & other professionals ?

Vanessa Wiltshire
06-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Hello
Can anyone tell me what their company policy is on graduate relocation assistance ? I work in the mining / construction industry and keen to know what some innovative relocation policies are across the board, including graduate recruitment
Thanks alot

Alison
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Vanessa,

Majority of the time we deal with relocation for graduates (and other professionals) on a case by case basis.

The standard assistance we offer is the cost of the relocation (i.e. the removal expenses), plus a period of temporary accommodation for them to scope out their new environment and find suitable accommodation.

We work in similar industries and we are certainly focusing on this area as a real attraction mechanism. I can't tell you the number of offers that have been declined because they don't want to move out of home or beacuse the move to a capital city from the country is far too scary.

We need to address this and make it seemless and 'easy' for the graduates if we are really committed to having them join our organisation.

Some idea's that we are considering are rental subsidies or provided accommodation but these, of course, come with their own issues.

Would love to hear some other views on this!