PDA

View Full Version : Rewarding Performance

cam
23-07-2007, 02:40 PM
A friend of mine just returned from a holiday provided as a performance incentive by the company he works for. I also saw a current affair segment on the issue so I couldn't help but think this is a bit of a hot topic at the moment.

Was wondering what sort of incentives and rewards are being offered by companies and have these been effective or counter-productive?

AVienet
23-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi there. For our sales people we have incentive trips that are very successful and certainly drive high performance along with commission. For our other staff we have performance based incentives that are based on individual and company performance. So if the company does not hit it's numbers then the incentive is not paid. We also have another incentive program that is based on your peers nominating you for doing a good job and at the end of the year 20 people are picked out of everyone nominated (by a committee) and they receive recognition as well as "vouchers" worth a reasonable amount of money.These work very well.

SteveR
02-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi,
If anyone wants to let me know a company that offers this benefit & has a vacancy for an HR Manager, pls let me know!

Rgds
Steve