PDA

View Full Version : EEO refresher training

anne
23-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any roleplays or creative ideas to roll out EEO training on an annual basis after employees have been through the legislative side in previous sessions. I am looking to target people who have perhaps sat through EEO training with our company 2-3 times before and want to focus on the practical.

Thanks

SoniaK
02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi Anne

One company I worked for hired a private EEO consultant to run their EEO training. He had a practical exercise with 10 situations where the group was required to judge whether the person involved had a "case" or "no case" from a legal perspective. The situations were based on real cases. Obviously the consultant's handouts are copyright but you could create your own by doing some research of real cases.

rockyhr
02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
I have applied SoniaK suggestion previously and at the end of the session by the discussion that occured it seemed to assist the participants in bringing into context the legislation, and overall was well received. Before the session the participants appreciation about the reality of where EEO legislation is today was very different.

The cases used were made up ones but closely aligned to some real instances and we used the same approach to cover Bullying and Harassment issues.

This is a changing beast with rulings setting new standards every day. The various websites for the state Anti-Discrimination commissions and tribunals are a good place to start and recent rulings are normally easy to find once you start exploring the links. The HREOC website is fairly useful as well.